It is mandatory to keep your Android device clutter-free and well-organized. This is essential because if you keep on adding new apps and programs you may reach a point where you will end up having a cluttered menu. Therefore, it is a good practice to clean up your Android before things become all the more difficult to handle. All you need to do is organize the existing content that includes contacts, apps, SD card and pictures.
Let us get started upon a step-by-step procedure that requires going through the content and organizing it neatly and getting rid of the unnecessary junk on your Smartphone.
We all store most of our files and content on the SD card. However, there are a few things that you can keep in mind:
• You can use this extra space for storing your pictures and other important documents that you need all the time. These are some of the things that cannot be saved on your phone memory.
• When it comes to the installation of apps, you need to install them on your phone memory. The only reason behind doing so is that apps help in speedy access. If an app is stored on the phone memory then it would be easier to fetch and run it.
• Another thing that you may have noticed is that undefined file sizes consume maximum space on your SD card. For this you can opt for the Disk Usage software. This software will tell you the exact space consumed by the files that are already stored on your card. This way you will be able to know accurately which particular file is occupying the maximum space and then remove them accordingly.
Bloatware is another aspect that you need to look for on your Android powered phone. This term is used for pre-loaded, default apps. These apps too consume a lot of memory on your phone. If you require more phone memory then you can uninstall these and free up memory space on your phone. Before removing these, you need to make sure that it would not cause your phone to malfunction. Remove them only if you are sure that there would not be any other repercussions besides freeing up space. For example, if you have removed software or program related files that support the primary functioning of your phone, then your device may start malfunctioning immediately.
The first thing that you need to remember about picture storage is that it should ideally be stored on the SD card. The second thing is that you can store pictures on your system or on the cloud. This way you will be able to free a lot of space on your Android phone. You can keep a few pictures on your phone memory while the rest can be stored on your SD card. If the number of pictures is high and these are heavy as well, you should transfer these to the cloud. Saving pictures on your system and on the cloud would ensure that you have two copies of these photos. In case of data loss you can retrieve them whenever you want.
It often happens that you have saved two copies of the same contact on our phone. This results in a duplicate entry showing the same contact twice in the phone directory. This again takes up too much of phone memory especially if it is repeated too often. The best way is to clear your duplicate contacts. This is how you can do it:
• Log into Google account registered with your phone number> Contacts.google.com
• Select the contact group in the More button>Find and merge duplicates
• After the process is done you need to log off your phone
• Power up your phone, refresh your phone with Settings>Sync Now button
If you require to declutter your android more, then you need to get rid of your old text messages. This can be done by downloading the ‘Delete old texts’ app to get rid of the history, cache and cookies from your phone browser.
If you are still facing memory related issues with your device then it is a good idea to take a backup of your phone and then hit the reset button. This will restore your phone back to the factory settings. All your installed apps will be wiped off including the software that you had downloaded on your phone, pictures, messages and even chat logs.
If you follow the tips given above, you will be able to free up substantial space on your phone memory. Moreover, you will also get a more organized and clutter- free phone menu.